Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Reviewing The Arts

I believe reviewing the arts is very important. Art is everywhere and is a big part of life. Being able to understand what other people see in art and interpreting it through their eyes is very useful. It opens a door to different ideas and helps to broaden your mind. Before I knew how to review the arts, I had no idea what components were needed to do so. Thinking differently when visiting a site, giving detailed analysis, writing clearly and grabbing the reader to make them interested. When I started, I didn't know how to structure my reviews. Now at the end, the presentation is better and I feel I've learned the basics of how to write art reviews. Reviewing the arts has really improved my overall ability as a writer and as a thinker. It has helped in making me come to focus how I see the meaning of it. Columbia College was such a great community to do such reviews and brought me even closer to the campus, students and teachers. Taking the opportunity to review Columbia's art students as not only helped my reviewing but my writing overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment